Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type: yes/no.

Aug 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Hello.

For project with "yes" i must use cput compiled with "yes", for "no" cput compiled with "no" ( standard problem with linking ).

It useless if i have both type of projects ( uninstall cput with "yes", install with "no", change project for test: uninstall with "no" install with "yes"... )

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Actually you can change this option to whatever you like in both an original and a test project. The project inherits the option set and files from the original one after its create but after that its maintenance is up to you. You can have several test projects (by typing in the New Test Window a new test project name) with a different set of options. All that are needed to work a test project with the cput’s add-in are:
- calling the LaunchUtSequence  function in its entry point,
- having the _UT preprocessor definition.
The problem can be that multiple test projects share one folder and having compilation files in the same folder as well. That make you recompile each time the test project is switched but such problem can be solved easily by setting the custom name in the Intermediate Directory option.

Actually you can change this option to whatever you like in both an original and a test project. The test project inherits the option set and files from the original one but after creation its maintenance is up to you. You can have several test projects (by typing in the New Test Window a new test project name) with a different set of options. All that is needed to work the test project with the cput’s add-in are:

- calling the LaunchUtSequence  function in its entry point,

- having the _UT preprocessor definition.

The problem can be that multiple test projects share one folder and having compilation files in the same folder as well. That make you recompile each time the test project is switched but such problem can be solved easily by setting the custom name in the Intermediate Directory option for each test project.

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Yes and no ;)

In test project i must use the same wchar_t as in cput.

Usually it isn't problem.

But sometime code from project use e.g. function from other dll compiled with other wchar_t -> project + dll must have the same wchar_t -> also cput must have the same wchar_t.

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Now I see. Well to be honest it is possible to remove Unicode from cputcrt at all to fix the compatibility issue with older projects but it seems it is better to address the specific situation as described in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w1sc4t4k(VS.80).aspx rather than stick to compatibility with VS 6 projects.