VS2005 - Failed to create a new test project

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Using VS 2005, I have managed to create a test project - once. No matter what I do now the creation of a new project fails with a warning dialog:

The project code model is not fully loaded. This problem occurs with the console project, reloading solution may fix it.

I have deleted the ncb file and shutdown\restarted VS to no effect.

BTW: good job - this is a great add-in.

Aside: if\when you decide to refactor, the tree view to select the test class takes an age to load (over a minute for me) on large projects. It would be quicker to display breadth first and then dig deeper on demand as the user selects a class.

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:53 PM

In addition, I noted that the project does get created but is immediately deleted (it turns up in the list of Recent Projects list).

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2010 at 8:12 PM

This is true the add-in requires refactoring and some usability changes.

Well the internal code model in the visual studio 2005 can be tricky. When I met such a problem usually the best way was to open the Class View and open there the project. Since such error occurs on final stage you may restore a removed test project and manually place

#ifdef _UT

LaunchUtSequence();

return 0;

#endif

at the very beginning of _tmain method and add

#ifdef _UT

#include <UtAssert.h>

#end

right after #include “stdafx.h” (if you use precompile header)

Than new tests can be added as usual.

Anyway for the add-in test projects are those that has _UT in preprocessor definitions and LaunchUtSequence(); in the main method.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Unfortunately the project file .vcproj is also deleted. However, to work around, I just create a new project to create a new ProjectGUID, make a copy of the current project, rename it and replace the ProjectGUID and then just add it to the solution.

Thanks again. This is really helping me fix some dormant bugs.